Anaheim, Calif.—The World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) announced several changes to the executive committee and board of directors. Nicholas Freadreacea has been elected chairman of the board, effective July 1. He replaces Scott Steel of My Flooring America, Webster, Tex., who will become immediate past chairman.
Freadreacea is currently president of the Flooring Gallery in Louisville, Ky, a seven store chain located throughout Kentucky and Indiana. He served as regional vice president of the Maxim Group and held the same position at the former Kinnaird and Francke, where his flooring career began 32 years ago. The Flooring Gallery has been active in the community with groups such as the Home Builders Assoc., Apartment Assoc., Chambers of Commerce, Better Business Bureau and charitable causes such as the American Cancer Society, Make A Wish Foundation, Down’s Syndrome and others. In 2001, Freadreacea was elected to the board of directors, going on to serve as chairman of the WFCA finance committee and executive committee since 2007.
WFCA’s president and CEO Chris Davis looks forward to working with Freadreacea. “He’s in tune with the changes in the industry,” he commented. “He’s adapted to changes in business and wants other to, as well. He is great for an organization like ours. He’s adaptable and bright.”
Freadreacea sees the WFCA as an ever-evolving organization that constantly grows in value to its members and in addition to augmenting that message, hopes to strengthen existing programs and highlight response to the organization’s constituents. “Being a part of the WFCA has been extremely rewarding both for my personal development and for the growth of my business, particularly since business dynamics have changed so remarkably in the last few years,” he said. “That type of involvement would have the same positive impact on any flooring dealer who takes advantage of all the WFCA offers its members.”
The following changes were implemented at the Spring board of directors meeting and will constitute the executive committee for the 2010/11 fiscal year ending June 30 of next year:
- Jim Walters, owner/president of Macco Floor Covering Center, Green Bay, Wis., WFCA chairman-elect;
- Paul Johnson, president, Interiors One Carpet One, Tulsa, Okla., WFCA treasurer/CFO;
- Janice Clifton, partner/owner, Abbey Carpets Unlimited, Napa, Calif., WFCA corporate secretary
- Harold Chapman, president, Bonitz Flooring Group, Greenville, S.C., WFCA vice chairman, and
- Tom Garvey, president, Garvey’s Carpet, Northumberland, Pa., WFCA vice chairman.
Elections for WFCA’s board of directors also brought on the following member for three-year terms:
- Richard Akel, owner, Design One Carpet One, Little Rock, Ark.;
- Darren Braunstein, executive vice president, Worldwide Wholesale, Edison, N.J.;
- Duane Cassis, owner, Carpet Plus, Charlottsville, V.A., and
- Deb DeGraaf, DeGraaf Interiors, Hudsonville, Mich.
Mark Weaver, president, Carpet Weavers, Bloomington, Ill., was elected to fill a one-year unexpired vacancy ending June 30, 2011, and Bob Weaver, president and CEO of All Tile in Elk Grove Village, Ill., will serve a three-year term as an associate director.
For more information, call the WFCA at 800.624.6880 or visit wfca.org.