New York—Raskin Industries, the supplier of the first truly adhesive-free, loose lay luxury vinyl tiles and planks, is pleased to announce its Elevations brand collections have been FloorScore certified for low VOCs. Now retailers, specifiers and end users alike have the assurance that working and living with Raskin Industries’ Elevations helps promote indoor air quality and preserves a healthy, responsible lifestyle.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) has confirmed compliance with guidelines established by the Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) assuring resilient flooring products comply with or register lower than volatile organic compound (VOC) emission levels specified by California Section 01350 Program.
“Being FloorScore certified also means our Elevations flooring meets or surpassed California Specification 01350,” says Michael Raskin, CEO and president. “It’s important to have guidelines so our customers know we are a responsible partner when it comes to the environment. This certification gives them peace of mind and confidence.”
With FloorScore certification, Elevations LVT from Raskin Industries can contribute points to the following environmental building programs:
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED Rating System
- LEED for New Construction (NC)
- LEED for Commercial Interiors (CI)
- LEED for Core and Shell (CS)
- LEED for Healthcare (HC)
- LEED for Schools
- LEED for Homes
- LEED for Existing Buildings (EB)
- Green Guide for Health Care
- ANSI/GBI 01-2010 Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings
- ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1 Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings
- NAHB ANSI National Green Building Standard
- Collaboration for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
- CSI Green Format
- HBN Pharos Project
- NSF/ANSI 332-2010 Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings
- Florida Green Home Standard
- City of Scottsdale Environmental Rat
FloorScore certification grows especially important as the population spends more and more time indoors. Current studies show more than 90% of an individual’s time is spent inside, making the need for healthy indoor environments critical.
For more information, visit elevationfloors.com