Columbus, Ohio—Starnet Commercial Flooring revealed the fifth of several Starnet Design Awards winners for 2021. Now in its 23rd year, the annual competition honors the outstanding projects completed by the membership in partnership with the architects, designers and Starnet aligned manufacturing partners. New this year, Starnet will announce the gold category winners monthly, culminating with the grand prize winner announcement in October 2021.
Following is a list of corporate Starnet Design Awards winners for 2021:
Gold in Corporate
Gold in Corporate was awarded to Consolidated Flooring of Chicago for its work on the Komatsu Headquarters. Its new corporate offices in Chicago celebrate the industry while adding a level of design sophistication via simple materials and neutral color palette.
“This is a standout corporate project,” said design awards judge Andrea Hanson, principal, architect and licensed interior designer, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini. “It pairs a neutral color palette with smart flooring material choices and a restrained yet elegant design aesthetic.”
- Project Name: Komatsu HQ Relocation
- Starnet Member: Consolidated Flooring of Chicago
- Architect and Designer: Partners by Design
- Starnet Preferred Vendors: Armstrong Flooring, Inc., J+J Flooring, Mapei, Tarkett Johnsonite
Silver in Corporate
The Silver in Corporate was awarded to Starnet Member Diverzify for the company’s work at Jules Verne located in Southern, Wis.
- Project Name: Jules Verne
- Starnet Member: Diverzify
- Designer: Cunningham Group Architecture, Inc.
- Starnet Preferred Vendors: Chapco Adhesives, Mapei, Milliken Commercial, Tarkett, Tarkett Johnsonite, Tarkett Tandus, Tarkett Centiva
Bronze in Corporate
The Bronze in Corporate was awarded to Starnet member M. Frank Higgins & Co., Inc. for the company’s work at its new office and warehouse location in Berlin, Conn.
- Project Name: Higgins Flooring,
- Starnet Member: M. Frank Higgins & Co., Inc.
- Designer: Five Hills Design
- Starnet Preferred Vendors: Amtico, Ardex, Daltile, J+J Flooring, Mapei, Milliken Commercial, NeverStrip Floor Coatings, Roppe, XL North Chemical Co.
Honorable Mention in Corporate
The Bronze in Corporate was awarded to Starnet member ReSource New Jersey for the company’s work at NBC Regional Sports Chicago Studio located in Chicago.
- Project Name: NBC Regional Sports Chicago Studio, Chicago
- Starnet Member: ReSource New Jersey
- Designer: Jack Morton Worldwide
- Starnet Preferred Vendors: Ardex, Spray-Lock, Tarkett Tandus, Tarkett Centiva
An elite panel of architects and designers generously shared their talent and expertise in this year’s judging:
- Andrea Hanson, principal, architect, licensed interior designer, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini
- Alison Woolf, associate principal, design director, Huntsman Architectural Group
- Cecelia Baumann, senior interior design student, Savannah College of Art and Design, the University of Creative Careers