March 2/9, 2020: Volume 35, Issue 18
Phoenix—The 20th anniversary convention of the Flooring America/Flooring Canada and Floor Trader groups held here earlier this year served as the backdrop for the co-op’s inaugural Sterling Awards.
“This year is especially meaningful to us as we celebrate 20 years as a cooperative,” said Keith Spano, president of Flooring America/Flooring Canada and The Floor Trader. “As part of our yearlong milestone, we want to highlight the best and brightest among us, and that’s why we rolled out the Sterling Awards at winter convention. These are members who shine for their professional achievements but also for giving back to the communities where they live and work.”
One member from each region was recognized for their outstanding expertise, engagement and accomplishments in business and in their respective communities. Some retailers were recognized for awarding scholarships to students in need, while others supported local school sports and activities in their neighborhoods. Still others were recognized for the length of time they have been in business.
The 2020 Flooring America Sterling Award recipients are as follows:
- Gary Mazza of Mazza’s Flooring America – Hammonton, N.J. (Region 1).
- Nelson & Chris Green of Great Southeast Flooring America – Melbourne, Fla. (Region 2)
- Terry & Sandi Allison of Allison Flooring America – Corpus Christi, Texas (Region 3)
- Mike Toste of Tri County Flooring America – Atwater/Turlock, Calif. (Region 4)
- Mel Greer of Greer’s Flooring America – Evansville, Ind. (Region 5)
- Casey Dillabaugh of Dillabaugh’s Flooring America – Boise, Idaho (Region 6)
- Jenny Mrozinski of Ann Arbor Flooring America – Ann Arbor, Mich. (Region 7)
- Sean Racine of A-1 Flooring Canada – St. Catharine’s, Ontario (Canada)
- Keith and Vicki Rhodes of The Floor Trader – Gulfport/Gauthier/Ocean Springs, Miss., and Mobile, Ala.
“We’re really proud of this group of Sterling Award winners,” Spano said. “We look forward to putting a spotlight on members like these throughout our 20th-year celebration and beyond.”