DALTON—As consumers start to wearily head back to the world of retail, Mohawk is rolling out one of its strongest spring promotions to help its aligned dealers capture as much of the business as possible.
Mohawk’s “Colors of Spring” three-tiered sale kicks off March 29 and runs through May 3, and includes a large national advertising schedule, multiple financing options, consumer rebates on various carpet and wood products, and more.
“The Colors of Spring sales event has become a key promotional tool for many of the nation’s best floor covering retailers,” explained Manny Llerena, Mohawk’s vice president of retail marketing.
Noting many dealers are seeing upturns in business, “There’s an opportunity in the marketplace to build business,” he said. “We’ve structured the sale so our dealers will have all the elements they need to bring people in and get them to buy.”
This year’s event features three key components:
1. Multiple financing options. Retailers are given a choice of finance offers, including no interest; equal pay for 12, 24 and/or 36 months, along with an aggressive buy down rate. Llerna said this is the first time ever that Mohawk is giving retailers the power to customize their sale.
2. A consumer rebate that is brand new for this year. Mohawk is offering up to $300 on select Mohawk Wear-Dated products and Mohawk branded hardwoods featuring Scotchgard Protector Advanced Repel Technology.
3. The company is offering special pricing on a variety of products, which Llerena said will allow retailers to give their customers exceptional value for their money.
To support the sale, he added, Mohawk is coming out with a national advertising campaign in print, television and online media, and is giving dealers a variety of tools “to build their own corresponding local advertising programs. The Colors of Spring event is designed to get consumers into the store, then guide them to make a purchase. But to get it, retailers have to be active and aggressive.”
Llerena pointed to a number of the components, including:
- National TV support on channels including HGTV, DIY, A&E, Fine Living, Planet Green, and TLC.
- National consumer magazine advertising support in consumer favorites such as Traditional Home, Natural Home, Country Living, Martha Stewart Living, House Beautiful, Real Simple, Family Circle and Better Homes and Gardens.
- A “never go dark” online strategy featuring banner ads on five major consumer Web sites, including Homeportfolio.com, HGTV.com and MyHomeIdeas .com.
- Ability to customize the mill’s national TV and print ads for use in local markets. “Dealers who run their own local ads in conjunction with Mohawk’s national campaign have better sales results,” he explained.
- Bonus retail sales associate incentives through Mohawk Infinite Rewards.
- Expanded, comprehensive point-of-purchase and merchandising kits, and
- Customizable ad kits that include newspaper, radio, circulars, direct mail, even on-hold messages for retailers to use.
While participating retailers should be receiving their materials to corresponded with for the sale launch, any aligned dealer interested in taking part can visit mohawktoday.com.