The World Floor Covering Association has developed a Canadian Resource Center and will update the page as it continues to receive information.
The following has been done for Canadian businesses:
- Extending the duration of the Work-Sharing program from 38 weeks to 76 weeks. The Work-Sharing program is offered to workers who agree to reduce their normal working hours because of developments beyond the control of their employers.
- Providing small businesses with wage subsidies – up to 75 per cent for qualifying businesses for up to 3 months, retroactive to March 15, 2020.
- Establishing a Business Credit Availability Program that includes a co-lending program for small and medium-sized businesses with credit amounts of up to $6.25 million.
- Allowing all businesses to defer, until after August 31, 2020, the payment of any income tax amounts that become owed on or after March 18 and before September 2020.
- Deferring Sales Tax Remittance and Customs Duty Payments until June 30, 2020.