Dalton—Shaw Industries, in conjunction with Sustainable Brands, plans to host a webinar titled “The Great Indoors – Creating a Nurturing Habitat for People and the Planet” on Tuesday, Sept. 1, at 1 p.m. EST. The session brings together Shaw, Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute and the International WELL Building Institute for a discussion about creating spaces designed for people and the planet.
The session aligns with Shaw’s focus on putting people at the center of sustainability, what it calls sustain[HUMAN]ability and will focus on the following key areas:
- trends that have been driving this shift toward a greater focus on human experience and well-being within sustainability in commercial and residential environments
- the potential impacts of COVID-19 on that trajectory
- perspectives from a range of organizations focused on this issue
- strategies for helping create a nurturing habitat
- Troy Virgo, director of sustainability, Shaw Industries
- Christina Raab, vice president of strategy and development, Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
- Shalini Ramesh, director of commercial team, International WELL Building Institute
“Spending 90% of our time inside, we’ve become an indoor species,” Shaw’s Virgo said. “That’s why it’s imperative that we create a nurturing new habitat that’s designed for people and the planet. Plus, we can’t overlook the short- and long-term impacts that COVID-19 will have on our lives. Those are the key topics we’ll explore in the webinar, and we look forward to dynamic conversations with participants from around the world.”
Sustainable Brands is a global community of brand innovators dedicated to shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, its goal has been to inspire, engage and equip business leaders and practitioners who see social and environmental challenges as an essential driver of brand innovation, value creation and positive impact.
Click here to register for free.