San Francisco—Smith & Fong, a company specializing in sustainable interior finishes, has added six new colors to its award-winning Durapalm line of palmwood flooring.
“We have worked hard to develop a strong supply of high-quality palm from our sources in India,” said Dan Smith, owner. “The success of this has enabled us to develop the next generation of palm flooring products, including rich new colors and textures, the convenience of click-lock installation and sustainable eucalyptus or bamboo core materials, which provide superior stability.”
The new Durapalm flooring colors include:
- Reef—which expresses the tonal range of palm featuring sunburst patterns, deep notes and dynamic grain.
- Lava Stone—captures the dance of earth and water, a pattern that reflects the subtle tones and textures found in weathered stone.
- Black Sand—which draws from the mystique of black-sand beaches.
- Tropical Dusk—inspired by the last glimpse of sun as the tropical night descends.
- Brushed Tusk—brings to mind sun-bleached driftwood, sand and fossils.
- Island Starscape—which finds inspiration in a tropical night sky, blue/gray tones against an infinite darkness.
“These six new colors are exciting addition to our range of modern floor finishes and just the beginning of a long line of new styles and innovations in this versatile and durable material,” Smith said. “There is nothing else on the market that looks like a Durapalm product. It truly is unique in the world of flooring.”
Smith & Fong is offering retailers merchandising supporting via a circular display that showcases the latest styles. The compact, eye-catching display features a distinctive palm-leaf top and boasts a relatively small showroom footprint.
Durapalm, which is manufactured in both India and China, can contribute to USGBC LEED® credit for low-emitting materials, according to the company. All colors are available in planks measuring 9/16 inches thick X 3 ½ inches wide in random 16 to 60-inch lengths.