Dalton—For the seventh straight year, Mohawk and its aligned retailers are partnering to create a springtime national selling event. Mohawk’s national spring sale, “Colors of Spring,” is a favorite among many flooring retailers in the nation, many of whom create their own advertising programs to complement Mohawk’s national effort. Many stores see double-digit percentage increases in sales during this period.
Mohawk Floorscapes and Mohawk ColorCenter retailers are invited to participate in the Colors of Spring Sale. The sale runs from April 1 through May 7.
Manny Llerena, vice president of retail marketing, said the Colors of Spring event has been carefully structured not just to get consumers into a store, but to guide them to make a purchase. “Mohawk has invested in consumer research to determine what types of messages and offers will not only attact shoppers, but also make them feel confident enough to complete the purchase process.”
For 2011, The Colors of Spring Sale offers a powerful combination of limited-time consumer incentives:
- A consumer rebate of up to $300 on the purchase of Mohawk SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona, Mohawk EverStrand, and Mohawk CustomWeave Wear-Dated carpet styles.
- A consumer finance offer of 24 months/no interest on all Mohawk flooring, with an aggressive buydown rate for retailers.
- Special pricing on a spectrum of hard surface products to allow participating retailers to be very competitive in advertising and promotion.
- Free customizable TV spots from Mohawk to all retailers wanting to support the sale with a local television advertising schedule.
Llerena said Mohawk is supporting the sale with a national advertising campaign in print, television and online media, and is giving dealers a variety of tools to build their own corresponding local advertising programs. Among the sale components are:
- National Pre-Roll spots on HGTV.com and DIYNetwork.com
- National consumer magazine advertising support in consumer favorites like Country Living, House Beautiful, Real Simple, Sunset, Martha Stewart Living, Family Circle, Traditional Home, and Renovation Style
- A “never go dark” online strategy that features ads on major consumer websites, including Homeportfolio.com, HGTV.com, and MyHomeIdeas.com; plus a new component: Facebook advertising. It’s estimated that the online program alone will generate more than two million consumer impressions in April.
- Customizable ad kits that include newspaper, circulars, direct mail, even on-hold messages for retailers to use on a local level. (Dealers who run their own local ads in conjunction with Mohawk’s national campaign have historically had better sales results.)
- Bonus retail sales associate incentives through Mohawk Infinite Rewards, the industry’s most popular rewards program.
- Comprehensive point-of-purchase and merchandising kits designed in the sale themes to grow excitement at the store level.
“There’s an opportunity in the marketplace to build business. But to get it, retailers have to be active and aggressive. We’ve structured the Colors of Spring Flooring Sale so that Mohawk aligned dealers will have all the elements they need to bring people in and get them to buy,” Llerena said.
For more information, contact your Mohawk sales representative or visit mohawktoday.com.