Based on the success of Coverings Connected in April, Coverings will now host quarterly digital opportunities for learning, connections, on demand content and more.
For its first event, to be held August 26, attendees will learn about standards, selling tile post-pandemic, the benefits of tile for health and wellness and more. The event features webinars from industry leaders, on-demand content from trusted partners and the ability to earn CEUs.
The August 26 lineup includes:
Installation & Fabrication
Introduction to Tile Industry Standards
11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Mark Heinlein, training director, National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA)
To have a long-lasting tile installation, the design community, tile installation professionals and distributors must understand how important it is to know, reference and utilize industry standards and methods. These documents should be used by anyone in the tile community from properly specifying a tile installation, to accurately bidding a job, to properly installing tile. This session will provide an overview of tile industry standards, methods and reference materials and how to use these documents in your business for successful tile installations.
- Understand how utilizing industry standards and methods will improve the quality of installations, elevate reputations and reduce callbacks or failures
- Be able to navigate industry standards and understand how they cross reference each other
- Understand how quoting industry standards, methods and details in specifications and proposals improve the quality of proposals and make a bid technically proficient
- Identify American tile industry standards
Workforce & Profits
Selling tile post-pandemic: The healthy & hygienic choice for your customers and clients
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. EDT
Noah Chitty, director of technical services, Crossville, Inc.
Bill Griese, LEED AP, director, standards development & sustainability initiatives, Tile Council of North America (TCNA)
Now more than ever, customers and clients are looking for products for their home and businesses that focus on health and hygiene. It’s no longer just about cleaning up a spill or wiping off surfaces, but about keeping both family and employees safe. Ceramic tile is a proven product with health, hygiene and safety benefits made for the post-pandemic renovation, remodel and new construction. Join this conversation to learn all of the key advantages of tile that make it a top choice for selling in the current climate.
- List the harmful pollutants and contaminants that are contained in many other surface options but not in ceramic tile
- Describe the healthy advantages provided by ceramic tile that make it a more hygienic surface choice
- Identify the attributes of ceramic tile that make it a safer alternative to other surface choices
- Explain the attributes that make ceramic tile a durable and easily maintained surface choice
Materials and Trends
Healthy buildings, healthy homes: Tips for specifying surfaces in a post-COVID-19 world
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Jamie Gold, CKD, CAPS, MCCWC, design, wellness & real estate consultant, author
Irene Williams, tile industry personality, founder & CEO, MSG2MKT
Rocked by the impact of COVID-19, interior designers are more focused than ever on specifying materials that support healthier environments and promote wellness for occupants. How are tile and stone suppliers rising to the challenge? What products and solutions is the industry developing to lead us into this new era of design and specification?
Join Jamie Gold, CKD, CAPS, MCCWC, wellness design consultant and author, as she delves into this leading-edge topic in her interview with tile industry personality Irene Williams. The discussion will go beyond highlighting well-known advantages to address current innovations that are taking stone and tile surfaces to the next level of performance. Get insights and tips from both the design and coverings industries’ perspectives to help your business stay healthier in the evolving marketplace.
- Discuss surface choices and their relative properties within a wellness context
- Describe how the use of tile and stone contribute to healthier environments and promote wellness for occupants
- Summarize current innovations in the industry that have expanded the performance of tile and stone surfaces for health and wellness use
- Compare tile and stone attributes with other surfaces to best specify for health and wellness