Forney, Texas—The International Certified Flooring Installers Association (CFI) has welcomed Dave Garden, president, Installation Services, LLC, as chair of the board of directors, and Don Styka, director of field services, Tarkett, as vice chair.
Outgoing board chair, Jay Zurn, Metroflor, will remain on the board as a director. He is joined by other board members:
- Tony Buckhardt, Carpet Cushions & Supplies
- Joe Cea, Congoleum
- Alan Ellis, Alan’s Carpet & Floors
- Bob Gillespie, Bob’s Carpet Installation Services
- Andrew Smith, Mohawk Industries
- John McHale, International Certified Flooring Installers Association
- Roland Thompson, Thompson Installation & Consultant Services
- Robert Varden, International Certified Flooring Installers Association
- Rod Von Busch, CDI Floors
- Mike Welch, Tools 4 Flooring/E.J. Welch
“We are very grateful to our board members, a committed team of professionals who volunteer their energy, effort and time to support CFI’s mission to expand and train the body of professional installers, elevate the trade and help improve the lives and businesses of installation professionals worldwide,” said Robert Varden, executive director, CFI. “Their dedication to the association, commitment to the industry and perspective they bring from different sectors of the business is invaluable. I want to thank Dave and Don for assuming new leadership roles and look forward to working with this dedicated team as we continue momentum into 2021.”
CFI also announced the newly elected co-vice chairs of the certification team, Efran Llamas and Jonathan Varden, as well as the appointment of four committee chairs. The certification team is comprised of more than 40 installation trainers who direct efforts to successfully develop, organize and administer all curriculum and instruction based on the latest trends, technology and techniques for learning.
The committee chairs include:
- Resilient committee, Efran Llamas
- Carpet committee, Jonathan Varden
- Ceramic committee, Roy Lewis
- Wood committee, Jeremy Key
Members of CFI’s board of directors serve a three-year term and participate in monthly meetings that help shape association programs, policies and initiatives.