Since 1981, the Floor Covering Industry Foundation (FCIF) has been assisting flooring members who are faced with catastrophic illnesses, life-altering injuries and severe disabilities. Last year, the group helped dozens of families across the U.S. by providing a FCIF grant for medical expenses and basic needs such as housing, transportation and food.
Since its founding, the group has distributed more than $7 million in grants. Beneficiaries include flooring retailers, installers, retail salespeople, distributor personnel, mill employees and industry executives.
Each grant is different and can provide relief for a variety of needs, including medical supplies, doctor visits, prescription drugs, hospital stays and more. Grant applications are taken on a rolling basis.
Behind every FCIF grant, is a story of a real person who is fighting one of the hardest battles of their life.
The criteria for application include:
- Someone in the home has a life-altering medical event
- Family must be in financial need
- A household member has 5-plus years in the flooring industry
Know someone in need of assistance?
- Visit here for an application.
- Grant applications have a rolling deadline
- Criteria for assistance: financial need, severity of medical condition, and 5-plus years of service to the floor covering industry by a household family member.
Want to help?
The FCIF is funded by manufacturers, retailers, distributers, industry associations, trade media and suppliers from across the floor covering industry. To make a tax-deductible donation or apply for a financial assistance grant, visit the FCIF website.