Lancaster, Pa.—Ecore has partnered with Spartan Surfaces to relaunch its ECOsurfaces line of products. The collaboration with Spartan Surfaces showcases Ecore’s commitment to the design community and its longstanding dedication to promoting a more sustainable environment, according to the company.
“ECOsurfaces has always been our environmental banner to the A&D community,” said Bo Barber, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Ecore. “This strategic collaboration reinforces our commitment to a circular business model and elevates our commitment to being a leader in creating floors that do more for both people and the planet. The support of Spartan Surfaces, a major player in sales and marketing for the commercial flooring industry, puts significant momentum behind this already successful collection by making it more readily available to the A&D community.”
A staple of the commercial flooring market for more than 30 years, ECOsurfaces is a distinctive collection of performance surfaces ideal for virtually any commercial application. Developed by using reclaimed materials these sustainable surfaces have all the durability and ease of maintenance associated with resilient surfaces in an eco-friendly and versatile alternative.
“ECOsurfaces was originally created to directly address the needs of the architect and design community for environmentally friendly products, and this re-launch really signifies our commitment to the critical role that design plays in the evolution of commercial construction,” Barber noted. “As an industry leader in recycled products technology, growing the ECOsurfaces brand furthers our company’s pursuit of a more circular economy and a world free of rubber waste.”
Sean Swanson, vice president of strategic growth at Spartans Surfaces, added, “Spartan Surfaces has enjoyed a long and successful partnership with Ecore and its products. Together we have pioneered a greater environmental awareness in the commercial community. The re-launch of ECOsurfaces not only strengthens this partnership but it also will play right into our strengths of building relationships with the end user and design community. The ECOsurfaces brand will be a key product in our expansion plans across the U.S.”
The ECOsurfaces portfolio consists of Aurora, ECOsilence, ECOsurfaces, Origins and Rx commercial flooring products:
- The RX Collection of performance surfaces is ideal for healthcare, senior living spaces, fitness facilities and any areas with heavy commercial use. The high-quality surfaces are designed to reduce the risk of injury associated with falls, while also offering sound control and comfort underfoot. Featuring Ecore’s itsTRU Technology, the Rx products—including Cosmos Rx, Crossings Rx, Forest Rx, Infinity Rx and Strait Rx—provide force reduction and energy restitution in every step.
- Aurora is engineered for comfort and safety and features a polyurethane-coated (PUR-coated), calendared-rubber wear layer that is fusion-bonded to an Ecore vulcanized composition rubber (VCR) backing using patented itsTRU Technology. The two-layered surface is manufactured to reduce the severity of fall-related injuries while mitigating liability and is ergonomic and quiet underfoot.
- ECOsilence is a flat, VCR underlayment used directly under most floor finishes. It yields exceptional results even under hard surface flooring and over concrete and wood joist construction.
- ECOsurfaces is ideally suited for high-traffic, heavy-use commercial environments, including building entrances, offices, public spaces, retail stores, gyms, rehabilitation centers, schools, childcare/play zones and more. Available in traditional rolls and tiles, the 3.2mm-thick surface is offered in more than 30 colors. ECOsurfaces is also slip resistant, is said to offer better acoustic properties than traditional resilient surfaces and is ergonomically comfortable underfoot.
- Origins integrates Ecore’s past with the present: adding cork to VCR, resulting in a surface with unlimited design and color combinations. Available in 12 x 24-inch tiles, Origins is a 3.2mm-thick surface that is said to be easy to install and serves as an excellent alternative to carpet.
- Wellness Collection consists of rubber, vinyl and turf surface layers all benefiting from a range of performance base layers tailored for a wide range of fitness, wellness and therapeutic applications where safety and ergonomic concerns are paramount.
“Our ECOsurfaces products are manufactured in U.S.-based, state-of-the-art facilities with a focus on continually improving efficiency, sustainability, and responsible resource management,” Barber added. “Furthermore, Ecore’s manufacturing process has virtually no waste. Scrap material from production is collected and recycled back into our system because rubber can be continually recycled and does not degrade through the recycling process like other materials such as paper or plastics.”
Leading the collaboration with Spartan Surfaces is Jere L’Heureux, who recently joined Ecore as director of sales, agent network. Having spent his entire career serving the A&D community, L’Heureux was recruited by the company specifically to oversee the ECOsurfaces program and manage the distributor partnerships, the company said.