Dalton—The World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) has released details for its presence at TISE 2023, including the debut of a new booth design and a robust lineup of panels, stage events and in-booth educational sessions.
The newly designed booth, located at #2413, will be branded with its theme, “Grow with Us,” reflecting the personal and business growth at the core of the organization’s mission and promise to its members.
“’Grow With Us’ represents our enduring commitment to be the voice of the industry and fuel unlimited growth among professional flooring dealers through advocacy, alliances and partnerships and business solutions,” explained Freida Staten, WFCA vice president marketing, communications and membership. “The WFCA community is at the center of what we do, which is why we have put a strong foundational emphasis on networking. It is all about our partners, providing that collaborative space where they can connect with like-minded peers and leaders to learn and push each other and the flooring industry to new heights.”
According to the organization, the new layout of the space will showcase all that WFCA has to offer its members using the organization’s five pillars of relevance and success: networking, education, philanthropy, advocacy and technology. As visitors move through the booth, they will gain a complete overview of how WFCA enhances the businesses and the lives of its constituents, employees and customers through targeted projects and programs and the ongoing effort to improve the industry for everyone involved.
The slate of speakers and sessions will educate professionals on the latest trends and industry developments, helping to gain new perspectives for the future. They will take place throughout TISE and the WFCA Booth.
The WFCA TISE 2023 highlights include the following:
Expo: WFCA GROW group panel discussion
- Jan. 31, 1:10 pm
- In a panel discussion led by WFCA’s Growing Retail in Our World (GROW) peer groups, executives and subject matter experts will provide insights into the industry.
- Scott Humphrey, CEO, WFCA
- Jeff King, general counsel, WFCA
- Stacy Eickoff, senior vice president, Risk Strategies Company
- Lewis Davis, senior director of technology & research, WFCA
- Josh Young, engagement specialist, WFCA
Ticketed sessions: TISE PULSE Seminars
- Leadership by the Letter, Scott Humphrey
- February 1
- What the Mid-Term Elections Mean for Your Business, Jeff King
- January 30
- Be Aware of Certain Contract Clauses—Or Pay the Price, Jeff King
- February 1
WFCA Booth #2413
Lounge & Learn G.R.O.W. Events
Tuesday, Jan. 31
- 10:30 am: A Practical Guide to Independent Contractors
- Jeff King, general counsel for the WFCA, will share his expertise and discuss issues surrounding classification of independent contractors.
- 10:30 am: Creative Ways to Increase Revenue
- Michelle Winters and Lisbeth Calandrino of the Women of the Flooring Business, discuss customer behavior during times of recession, as well as tactics and tools to increase confidence and creative ways to maximize revenue and sales.
- 2:30 pm: Certificates of Insurance, Additional Insureds and Contractual Requirements. How Important Are They?
- Stacy Eickhoff from Risk Strategies will discuss certificates of insurance, the importance of additional insured status and why you need a contract to tie it all together.
Wednesday, Feb. 1
- 10:30 am: Benefits of fcB2B—How to Be More Productive
- Lewis Davis, senior director of technology and research for WFCA, will show you how adding efficiencies through technology will add dollars to your bottom line.
- 10:30 am: Grow in Down Times with the Right Team
- Michelle Winters and Lisbeth Calandrino of the Women of the Flooring Business, discuss maximizing talent, meeting the needs of your employees and how to modernize management to offset the effects of the economic downturn.
- 2:30 pm: Get Engaged with the WFCA and GROW with Us
- Josh Young, engagement specialist with the WFCA, will lead a discussion on how to get the most out of your membership.