January 5/12, 2015; Volume 28/Number 14
Floor Covering News, in partnership with Informa, owners and operators of The International Surfaces Event, the U.S. floor covering industry’s premier trade show, will again be staging the Best of Surfaces awards in 2015. Now in its fourth year, the competition has become a benchmark for product and program excellence.
The Best of Surfaces awards are designed to recognize those companies whose product, program, service, business practice or booth design are considered to be best in class. What separates Best of Surfaces from other awards programs is categories are not segmented by product type; rather, they focus on attribute. As such, the Best of Surfaces awards cite products and programs in the following categories:
- Style & Design
In addition, there will be two awards for exhibit space:
- Booth Design (under 1,200 square feet)
- Booth Design (over 1,200 square feet)
The products do not necessarily have to be new. However, they must have been introduced to the market within the past year. Of course, products making their debut at Surfaces 2015 are also eligible.
Contest rules are simple. Manufacturers and suppliers nominate one product, program, service, business practice or booth per category. A company may not have multiple entries in one category. As well, a particular product may not be nominated in multiple categories. There is no fee for submitting a nomination.
A panel of judges evaluates each entry on the criteria that has been established for each respective category. The judges will then have the opportunity to view the consensus finalists onsite Jan. 21 at Surfaces, where they will also have the chance to ask manufacturers any questions they may have regarding the product or program.
The judges will be evaluating all Best Booth Design nominations on the first day of the show.
Winners will be announced on day two at Surfaces and will be provided with the appropriate designation to display in their spaces for all to see during the second and third days of the show.
Best of Surfaces award winners will receive:
- Recognition on the Surfaces and FCNews websites for a period of six months (February through July)
- A customized logo for placement on all advertising, recognizing the company as a Best of Surfaces 2015 award winner
- A custom-engraved award presented at the booth by members of show management and FCNews staff
- Booth signage acknowledging the company was voted Best of Surfaces in the particular category
- A press release announcing the winners