Dalton—In recognition of Shaw Industries Group’s (Shaw) commitment to and investment in promoting a corporate culture of diversity and inclusion, Forbes magazine has named Shaw as one of “The Best Employers for Diversity.”
In collaboration with analytics firm Statista, Forbes identified the best employers for diversity through an independent survey of more than 50,000 U.S. employees working for companies employing at least 1,000 people within their U.S. operations. The evaluation was based on four different criteria, with the 500 companies receiving the highest total scores selected as the “The Best Employers for Diversity 2019.”
“This ranking is an indication that we are headed in the right direction with our strategy and actions,” said Lucia Cook, corporate diversity and inclusion leader at Shaw. “Shaw’s commitment to cultivating an inclusive and diverse corporate culture is supported by a number of initiatives that reach associates at all levels of the company in an effort to spark growth for our people and our business.”
The Shaw Way, a multi-faceted strategy touching all aspects of business enterprise-wide, was developed around the company’s talent competency model, which drives the leadership imperatives necessary for success. The model is aligned with all talent processes from selection and performance management to leadership development and recognition.
Shaw’s diversity and inclusion efforts are continually shaping new talent acquisition and retention practices to reduce unconscious bias in the hiring and promotion process, including associates from all backgrounds in key business decisions and educating its associate base on cultural fluency.
In addition to ongoing training and education, key initiatives include:
- Shaw’s Supplier Diversity Policy helps make a positive difference in the communities we serve by providing all suppliers with equal access.
- Associate-led Resource Groups (ARGs) drive engagement within the company by connecting associates with both similar and different perspectives.
- Shaw formed the first bilingual Toastmasters group in Georgia.
- Shaw partners with Project SEARCH to offer an internship program for young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Future Workforce Development efforts partner with community and educational programs focused on STEM skills and career opportunities.
For more information on career opportunities, visit shawinc.jobs.