New York—Shaw celebrated the launch of its flooring line within the HGTV Home brand with the television giant and Sherwin Williams paints here on March 31. The mill has contributed hardwood, laminate, broadloom and area rugs to a collection that will grow to include furniture, lighting, paint and cabinetry.
“The launch is a labor of love,” said Kathy Young, director of marketing, Shaw Floors. Born from a relationship that began in 2008 with sponsorship of HGTV’s green home, Shaw has gained exposure to 98 million viewers who tune into HGTV three or more times a week. As a partner to the brand, in Shaw consumers will find:
- A simplified shopping experience
- Flooring facts and advice to educat consumers about the flooring styles they are considering
- Take-home samples to confirm the desired flooring styles will coordinate with a home’s existing décor
- Sleek displays that reflect the lifestyle of HGTV viewers
- Eco-friendly options across all four categories
- Made in the U.S.A. guarantee on all flooring products.
“The biggest hope [with this collaboration] is that dealers rally around the ad pool with HGTV,” Young said. “This will reach all demographics and be where she is with exciting advertising.” She said while consumers only shop for flooring every five to seven years, connecting Shaw Floors to renovation will bring the mill to the top of mind when it comes time to replace flooring. “It’s fresh, modern, hip and trusted.”
Overall, HGTV Home Flooring by Shaw includes 20 area rug, 28 carpet, 30 hardwood and 30 laminate styles. A selection distribution of dealers will carry the lines in stores.