Bethany, Conn.—Laticrete will exhibit its latest product solutions and innovations at Coverings 2021, including the soon-to-be-released Hydro Barrier Plus and Hydro Ban XP waterproofing and crack isolation membranes.
Throughout the show, Laticrete said it will offer product demonstrations on how top contracting professionals handle a variety of challenging tile installations and learn about alternatives to help lower staggering injury and ailment statistics associated within the physically demanding construction industry.
“Nothing beats the energy and excitement of live demonstrations on the floor of the Coverings trade show,” said Sean Boyle, senior vice president, marketing and channel management, Laticrete. “After over a year of social distancing and virtual meetings, we’re thrilled to be back in full force and hit the ground running with 10 engaging demonstrations. Our expert team of engineers, product developers and scientists have continued full steam ahead to bring to life our innovative solutions that address key opportunities in the construction industry, including taking a hands-on approach to educating our workforce about health and safety best practices.”
Laticrete is a key presenter to the guided National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) contractor tours where attendees will be able to interact exclusively with products showcased at the trade show, according to the company. In appreciation for the company’s loyal customer base, Laticrete will also participate as a sponsor in the Coverings Lounge Giveaways where guests will have the opportunity to win a variety of unique prizes, Laticrete said.
Following are the products Laticrete will showcase at Coverings 2021.
Products to be showcased
- Strata Heat System: The new and improved Strata Heat system is an electric radiant floor heating system that aims to increase thermal heat diffusion by 20%, reduces energy costs up to 15% and minimizes cold spots to make homes feel more comfortable (when the thermal pack is used). New features include productivity-based Spliceless Wire, Translucent Mat and Thermal Pack.
- Spectralock 1: Spectralock 1 is a pre-mixed, stain-proof grout that has the performance of an epoxy. The product is designed to provide strength at 3,500 psi, the ability to be submerged and a fast curing rate so that installers can complete durable projects quicker. The grout also aims to provide versatility and color consistency. Spectralock 1 exceeds all the standards under the ANSI A118.3, according to Laticrete.
- NXT Level Plus and NXT Level Flow: Laticrete recently expanded its NXT product line with the release of two high-performance self-leveling underlayments (SLU): NXT Level Plus and NXT Level Flow. According to Laticrete, NXT Level Plus pours over more compromised substrates and eliminates extra steps, labor, materials and time. It can be applied over plywood, oriented strand board (OSB) and gypsum, without having to install lath. NXT Level Flow features pumpable, easy-to-use and high flow benefits and is designed to meets the demand for entry-level, self-leveling underlayment projects.
- Hydro Barrier Plus and Hydro Ban: Laticrete has expanded their line of waterproofing and crack isolation membranes with Hydro Barrier Plus and Hydro Ban XP. Hydro Barrier Plus is a thin, load-bearing, self-curing, liquid rubber polymer designed to form a flexible, seamless waterproofing, anti-fracture membrane without the need for waterproofing fabric. Hydro Ban XP is designed to include the benefits of Hydro Ban, with a quicker cure time and a lifetime warranty but offers more extreme performance for a wider variety of conditions, such as lower to higher temperatures.
- Skim Lite: Skim Lite is a new fast-drying, polymer modified, cement-based underlayment for skim-coating, smoothing and leveling prior to floor application. Skim Lite is designed to offer the customer lightweight properties while maintaining a strong surface. With installer safety in mind, the product contains no respirable crystalline silica levels that exceed the OSHA action level, according to Laticrete. Suitable substrates include concrete, oriented strand board (OSB), plywood and vinyl tile.
- Multimax Lite: Multimax Lite, the one-step, non-sag, large and heavy tile mortar for interior and exterior installations of ceramic tile, porcelain tile, glass tile and stone and has received multiple certifications and declarations for sustainable living. Multimax Lite exceeds ANSI A118.15, the industry’s highest performance standard for a cementitious-based adhesive mortar, and is lightweight for easier transportation.
- Glass Tile Adhesive Lite: Glass Tile Adhesive Lite is a high-performance, lightweight, non-sag, polymer-fortified adhesive mortar that is formulated for use in glass tile applications. According to Laticrete, the adhesive contains no respirable crystalline silica levels that exceed the OSHA action level, is ultra-white in color and non-sanded with a smooth, easy-to-trowel consistency and extended open time for ease of installation. The robust formula provides a high bond strength and exceeds the requirements of ANSI A118.15. At 12.5 pounds, Glass Tile Adhesive Lite is half the weight of a traditional thin-set, making it easier to transport and handle.
Product demo schedule
Wednesday, July 7
1:30 p.m. Strata Heat System: How Strata Heat has simplified the radiant floor heat installation process.
2:00 p.m. Spectralock 1: Hands-on training for the industry’s only pre-mixed grout with epoxy performance
3:30 p.m. NXT Level Plus and NXT Level Flow: Learn how the NXT product line can meet any self-leveling need.
4:00 pm. Hydro Barrier Plus and Hydro Ban XP: The newest members added to the waterproofing membrane family
Thursday, July 8th
11:30 a.m. Skim Lite: The future of smoothing and leveling
12:00 p.m. Spectralock 1: Hands-on training for the industry’s only pre-mixed grout with epoxy performance.
2:00 pm. Hydro Barrier Plus and Hydro Ban XP: The newest members added to the waterproofing membrane family.
2:30 p.m. Multimax Lite and Glass Tile Adhesive Lite: The newest lightweight, high-performance adhesives.
Friday, July 9th
10:30 a.m. Strata Heat System: See how Strata Hear has simplified the radiant floor heat installation process.
11:00 a.m. Spectralock 1: Hands-on training for the industry’s only pre-mixed grout with epoxy performance.
Coverings 2021 will be hosted in Orlando, Fla. To register, click here.