Chicago—Design. Technology. Innovation. Sustainability. Tile of Spain branded manufacturers exemplified these key tenets through the latest product innovation on display at NeoCon 2011.
Spanish tile companies and products on display include:
- Ceramica Elias offers a variety of products manufactured through both handmade practices and contemporary innovation. The various grades of roughness and flamed surface differ in each tile, enabling Elias to create beautiful, warm atmospheres for both interiors and exteriors. The Provenḉa Series appears as an aged, worn product with a very rustic appearance. Available in three colors to evoke the look of traditional terracotta fired in moruno kilns, where products were partly burnt, under-fired and well-fired, depending on kiln conditions. Elias also offers a variety of mesh-mounted mosaics in a variety of design and format.
- One of Keraben’s newest introductions is the Transit Collection. With a stylized 33 X 97 format and attention to the latest market trends, the new collection stands out for its soft color, lending living spaces greater spaciousness and continuity.
- Natucer’s architectural collection LifeArq is an innovative wall solution for architecture and urban environments. A study of light and space resulted in four classes of ceramic, each with a specific characteristic and function designed to satisfy the needs of the construction and design markets for an active and dynamic society. The collection includes Bamboo, narrow porcelain columns in a variety of colors that when grouped together create a sunshade or can be used for architectural solutions. Colors include Frost, Dark, Crimson, Yolk and Gem. Format is 3.1-inch diameter x 11.5-inch and 3.1-inch diameter x 2.8-inch.
- Roca Tile Group is a world leader in production, distribution and marketing of ceramic and porcelain tile for all applications. Known for its commitment to sustainable products and manufacturing practices, Roca will display new products that offer a wide range of design including Rock & Rock. This unique double-press, through-body porcelain collection, includes the large format 24 x 48 sizes and offers stone texture technology. The collection is available in crema, gris and negro.
- Tile of Spain branded manufacturer Dune showed an expansion of its popular Megalos series with Venezia. The decor glass wall tile offers a bronza floral relief and is available in an 11.85-inch x 23.66-inch format. Partnered with the more classic Marmol in Crema, the design creates an ambiance of luxury. Venezia is appropriate for both interior and exterior wall applications, as well as high-moisture areas such as bathroom or shower walls. Additionally, Dune produces sinks of the same material and design to offer a complete concept match.
- The newest collaboration between Saloni and Roberto Verino is the Contempora Collection. This white body, rectified tile offers a wide range of wood plank looks that accomplishes the most rustic chic to sleek contemporary.
- El Barco offers the Orion Series from CeramINK Collection. Through the use of advanced digital printing technology, the collection offers a contemporary take on the classic look of stone.
- Azulcascais from Tile of Spain branded manufacturer Land Porcelanico takes its name and inspiration from the natural stone, typically found in Portugal. This full-body, technical porcelain tile, is available in formats 45 x 90, 22.5 x 90, 30 x 60 and in colors ivory, moss and graphite. Land Porcelanico and sister company Ceramicas Aparici are pioneering the use of slim tile to explore the third dimension. Land’s basketweave wall has made a dramatic impact showing the extreme possibilities of the material.
- Tile of Spain branded manufacturer Ceramicas Aparici take slim tile to a whole new dimension. At only 4.8mil, Slim Up from the Novocemento Collection is a curved, plank-like tile allowing the ultimate creativity in a wall accent. This rectified porcelain tile is double-fired for ultimate durability and available in formats 8.7-inch x 34.5-inch and in colors Marfil, Gris, Brown and Negro.
- Ceramicas Cas offers the Sevillanos Series, a new collection emulating classic appeal for residential space. With a wide range of pattern and design, the series conjures the look of classic Spanish motif.
- One of TAU Ceramica’s ceramic collections is inspired by the most spectacular marble materials to offer interior designers elegance and exclusivity. The Breccia, Livorno and Colonna collections are as timeless, majestic and beautiful as the material by which they are inspired. The predominant feature of all three models is spectacular sparkle and a very natural yet technically complex finish. Colonna is directly inspired by the noble material used to build the square of the same name in Rome, best-known for the majestic Aurelian column. The marble used for the Colonna series is greyish in colour and is available in a lapped 45 x 45 format, with 60 x 60 amber, beige, grey and ivory versions.
- Using the best methods of manufacturing from natural clays and firing at high temperatures, Industrias Ceramicas Brancos offers Gres Bisbal, a klinker material with high durability, non-slip and frost resistance.
The Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER) is a private organization whose primary objective is to support Spain’s ceramic tile manufacturers and the industry as a whole by stewarding and promoting the Tile of Spain brand worldwide. A strong global leader, the ceramic tile industry of Spain comprises 220 manufacturers concentrated primarily in the province of Castellón.
For more about tile produced in Spain, contact Tile of Spain Center at the Trade Commission of Spain, 2655 Le Jeune Road, Suite 1114, Coral Gables, FL 33134.
Call 305.446.4387 or visit spaintiles.info.