LOUDON, TENN.—The Polyurethane Foam Association (PFA) announced that Lynn Knudtson of Future Foam, Council Bluffs, Iowa, was elected to serve as president of the PFA, the trade association of U.S. flexible polyurethane foam manufacturers and suppliers. His term began at the PFA Fall Business and Technical Session in Phoenix, Ariz. this month.
“Lynn has a deep understanding of the industry and has made significant contributions to the PFA as a member of the executive committee since 2008 and as technical counsel to the association,” said Robert Luedeka, PFA executive director. “Lynn’s experience providing technical information to related organizations and regulatory groups will be invaluable during his tenure as president. He has played a key role in helping PFA maintain its position as the authoritative resource for scientific information related to flexible polyurethane foam.”
Knudtson manages regulatory compliance for Future Foam, a global flexible polyurethane foam manufacturer with five foam production facilities and fourteen foam fabrication sites in the United States and Asia. He has served as a volunteer with the American Chemical Society, the American Industrial Hygiene Association, and the American Society for Testing and Materials.
“This is a position I am honored to hold,” Knudtson said. “PFA plays an integral role in advocating for the flexible polyurethane foam industry and has earned a reputation among a spectrum of stakeholders as being an organization with great integrity and well-earned credibility.”
The current members of the PFA Executive Committee for 2012 are:
- President: Lynn Knudtson, Future Foam, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- 1st Vice President: Greg Davis, William T. Burnett, Jessup, Md.
- 2nd Vice President: Bill Gollnitz, Plastomer Corporation, Livonia, Mich.
- Secretary: Joe Progar, Advanced Urethane Technologies, West Chicago, Ill.
- Treasurer: David Underdown, Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company, Hickory, N.C.
- Immediate Past President: Steve Riddle, NCFI Polyurethanes, Mt. Airy, N.C.
- Associate/Supplier representative: Bill Worms, Bayer MaterialScience, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Associate/Supplier representative: Roger Hennington, Huntsman, The Woodlands, Texas
- Associate/Supplier representative: Ken Oster, Air Products and Chemicals, Allentown, Penn.
The PFA also provides its members and their customers with generic technical information on the performance of flexible polyurethane foam in consumer and industrial products.
To learn more, visit pfa.org.