Wools of New Zealand make Surfaces a celebration
Marietta, Ga. — Twenty-three Wools of New Zealand Brand partners will be exhibiting in the Wools of New Zealand pavilion at the 2012 Surfaces. On a 20,590-square-foot oasis of green carpet, the group will fill the convention floor with eco-fabulous fashions and diverse designs—all celebrating the beauty, softness and durability of New Zealand wool.
As of press time, the following mills have supplied information highlighting new products for the upcoming year.
Please note that the products listed have passed numerous tests to carry the Wools of New Zealand Brand. Since not all carpets and rugs made of New Zealand wool carry the brand, it is important to mention the Wools of New Zealand Brand when referring to these products. All square-foot prices listed are suggested retail.
Bloomsburg Carpet (Surfaces Booth S-6141)
Bloomsburg Carpet will roll out two contemporary looks woven of wool blends in 2012:
- Hyde: An Axminster-woven animal skin pattern made of 80% New Zealand wool and 20% nylon. Two color lines: black/silver and black/camel; 12-foot widths. Suggested retail price is $9-$10 / sq. ft.
- Jackal: A denser animal skin look woven of 80% New Zealand wool and 20% nylon on Axminster looms. Two color lines: black/silver and black/camel; 12-foot widths. Suggested retail price is $9-$10 / sq. ft.
Concepts International, a division of Prestige Mills – Surfaces Booth S-6324
Concepts International, a division of Prestige Mills Inc., anticipates a busy spring 2012 as it brings out several new styles at Surfaces in Las Vegas. Prestige has expanded its exhibit space at S-6324 to accommodate its growing line of wool rugs, broadloom and runners. Innovative designs and fashion-forward colors are the hallmark of new styles in the Missoni Home, Jack Lenor Larsen, David Hicks and Nina Campbell collections. The company is also featuring new Wiltons, velvets, runners and tufted quality introductions from its partners throughout the world.
Couristan – Surfaces Booth S-3312 Couristan will be launching a new Wools of New Zealand Brand area rug collection and will kick it off by throwing an 85th Anniversary Cocktail Party in its booth (S-3312) on Tuesday, January 24, from 4–5:30 p.m.
Couristan also will be conducting an 85th Anniversary Grand Prize Getaway Drawing, with two lucky customers winning a four-day/three-night all-inclusive trip for two to their choice of Punta Cana in the Dominica Republic or Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. 800-223-6186 / www.couristan.com
The Dixie Group -Masland Carpets and Rugs & Fabrica
Masland Carpets and Rugs (Surfaces Booth S-6261)
Masland Carpets and Rugs’ 2012 introductions feature two new 1/16 gauge loop wool products: Moresque and Burberry. Both are constructed of 100% Wools of New Zealand Brand wool, and each comes in 12 distinctive colors. Suggested retail price is not available.800-633-0468 / www.maslandcarpets.com
Fabrica (Surfaces Booth S-6261)
In 2012, Fabrica will launch Oxford Street and Linked, two-color products that have a 1/10 gauge loop construction made with 100% Wools of New Zealand Brand wool. Each is available in 18 impressive colorways. Suggested retail prices are not available.
Fabrica is also developing an exciting collection of six to eight patterned products that will be made with 100% Wools of New Zealand Brand wool. The products will be beck dyed and offer a palette of 35–40 running line colors with custom colors beyond that. The collection is still being developed and has not been named yet. 800-854-0357 / www.fabrica.com
Hibernia Woolen Mills
With the introduction of Garden Trellis, Hibernia takes a journey—into new color and pattern directions. This luxurious product has a color palette that takes you from sassy greens and soulful blues to bayberry: a mix of berry with a hint of pink. Another feature that sets Garden Trellis apart is the scale of the diamond. It is slightly larger than that of other trellises on the market, to ease into many of today’s larger rooms. Crafted of 100% Wools of New Zealand Brand yarn for color clarity and durability, Garden Trellis offers 11 gorgeous shades, a soft hand and performance-driven yarns to make this a product that will be treasured by generations. Suggested retail price is not available. www.hiberniawoolcarpets.com
J Mish Carpet (Surfaces Booth S-6125)
J Mish launches 2012 with a new addition to its Silk Impressions Collection: Intuition. Engineered using New Zealand Wool combined with an exclusive “Sateen” nylon, Intuition offers the look, feel and luster of silk plus improved performance characteristics, but without the expense. With styling that appears almost handmade, Intuition will be a value at nearly half the cost of imports in the same genre. Suggested retail price is not available. 800-655-8613 / www.jmishinc.com
Rodeo Collection by Stark Carpet (Surfaces Booth S-6041)
Rodeo Collection by Stark is well known for using metallic yarn in a classy and elegant manner, and the 2012 debuts will be no different.
- Sparkling Woodland: This semi-shag is made of 100% virgin New Zealand wool with metallic yarn. It comes in five standard colorations and also is available in custom colors. Sparkling Woodland can be ordered as area rugs or wall-to-wall broadloom with deliveries as fast as two weeks. There is no extra charge for custom sizes.
- Waterpebbles: This beautiful plush heavy tip shear is crafted of 100% virgin New Zealand wool. It is introduced in five standard colors, with custom colors available at no additional charge.
- Sparkling O.T. Collection: This assortment of five different designs made of 100% New Zealand wool with metallic is available in any size, any shape, any width, and any color at no additional charge. Made in a dense cut and loop construction with a total yarn weight of 6.50/lbs. per square yard, these quality products are suitable for installation in any project: residential, commercial, hospitality, marine, and private aviation. Suggested retail prices are not available. All of these products are made in the USA. However, the company also has the flexibility to produce in China for those tough budgets or to stay ahead of the competition.
Shaw Living’s Las Vegas showroom will be open during Surfaces (January 24–26).
Shaw Living’s premier wool collection is Arabesque. Woven of the finest New Zealand Wool, each rug in this luxurious collection has a subtle patina created by a delicate abrash of color. Arabesque melds the traditional and the modern in a captivating way—with its painstaking craftsmanship and designs inspired by those of hand-knotted antiques. Arabesque’s fashionable and stunning color palette embodies rich earthtones including ivory cream, polished copper, antique gold, pale leaf green, blue smoke, fire brick red, cocoa and cannon black. Wool is a natural fiber that is renewable, sustainable and biodegradable. The fiber is naturally soil resistant, durable and offers extraordinary performance, plus wool is incredibly soft and luxurious. Suggested retail price is not available. 800-441-7429 / www.shawliving.com
Stanton Carpet (Surfaces Booth S-6536)
Stanton Carpet is welcoming in 2012 with exciting additions to its new Signature Series and its Rosecore Collection.
- Gibson (Signature Series): From the all-new Signature Series, Gibson sports a sleek yet elegant connecting grid design that is sure to add a burst of color to any room setting. Boasting a construction of only the finest New Zealand wool, Gibson displays a unique form of fretwork with its stunning six colors and intricate design. Available in all custom sizes.
- Summer Hill (Signature Series): The long and surreal summer days of youth are relived with Signature Series’ new Summer Hill. Made from the finest New Zealand wool, Summer Hill will give any house a vibrant and warm glow. It showcases six fresh colors in an all-new diamond/circle design. Available in all custom sizes.
- Williston Square (Rosecore Collection): Williston Square, of the renowned Williston Collection from Rosecore, gives geometric carpets a whole new twist with five brand-new colors. Not only is Williston Square made from New Zealand wool, it also touts a unique flatwoven feel unlike any wool product seen today. Its geometric design is a perfect complement to any interior home design—either modern or classic! Available in all custom sizes. Suggested retail prices are not available. 706-624-9385 / www.stantoncarpet.com