The annual Floor Covering News Fantasy Football for a Cause league has started up and FCNews invites you to participate. All industry members (retailers, distributors, manufacturers) are welcome. Contact Dustin Aaronson at 516.932.7860 or firstname.lastname@example.org today as limited spots are available. See below for details.
2016 League rules:
- $5000 per team to enter. This year’s league will either have 12 or 14 teams depending on responses. ALL money goes to charity.
- Each team will choose a charity to play for.
- Each week for the first 13 weeks the highest scoring team will win $1,000 for their charity, the second highest scoring team will win $500 for their charity (In the event of a tie for first, the first and second prizes will be awarded to tied teams. If tie for second $500 will be split)
- The rest of the prize money will be split as listed below to league winners’ charities. Playoffs start in week 14 and weekly prizes are not awarded after week 13 (Please note that ALL charities will receive a donation through the league, not just the winners)
- If 12 teams: $60,000 – $19,500 for first 13 week’s prizes – Leaves $40,500 for season prizes broken down as follows:
$15,000 to 1st place team’s charity – $9,000 to 2nd place team’s charity – $6,500 to 3rd place team’s charity – $4,500 to 4th place team’s charity – $1000 to 5th place team’s charity and $500 to all other 9 team’s charities
- If 14 teams: $70,000 – $19,500 for first 13 week’s prizes – Leaves $50,500 for season prizes broken down as follows:
$16,000 to 1st place team’s charity – $10,000 to 2nd place team’s charity – $8,000 to 3rd place team’s charity – $6,000 to 4th place team’s charity – $1500 to 5th place team’s charity and $1000 to all other 9 team’s charities
We will need to know which charity your company is playing for before draft day, which will be the final week of August.
Each company will receive checks made out to their charity for the amount they won through the season. This is so you see that the exact amount won for your cause is sent to the proper contact at said good cause.
The league will be covered in the pages of Floor Covering News through the season. Each charity will be given some ink in the beginning of the season to highlight what the organization does to make a difference. Remember, it feels good to do good!