New York, N.Y.—After expanding nationally in 2021, LSI Flooring —a national flooring products, sales and marketing agency —took over Daltonian Flooring’s carpet and rug padding business this year.
The carpet and rug cushion products were developed after years of scientific research and manufactured with proprietary chemistry and technology, according to the company. LSI padding products are made of extremely-high-density polyurethane with applications in both contract and residential markets.
LSI pad is said to be produced with a woven polypropylene fabric on one side like the type of fabrics carpet is tufted into. This eliminates any hot iron seaming problems that are common with other cushions. These products can be reversed to create two entirely different feels, one softer than the other. The cushion can be reversed to give a slightly softer feel for residential areas where a softer feel is desired like bedrooms and the living or family room and yet not bottom out.
Also offered are products that will work with releasable or permanent tack adhesives for a double-stick installation. The carpet can be picked up separately or the padding can, likewise, be picked up without leaving a mess on the floor. The carpet benefits from the cushion properties of high-density polyurethane and the end user would still have the stability of a glue-down carpet, the company said.
LSI said it has substantially stepped up its marketing and promotion of these carpet and rug cushion products. Products are stocked in Calhoun, Ga., and are available in 6-foot or 12-foot widths.
LSI Flooring significantly updated its website. “LSI has always had a more advanced website than other sales and marketing sales agencies, but we felt we needed to elevate the usability of the site for our dealers and for the designers and consumers who use the site to find product,” said Larry Lane, president.
The website redesign was done specifically to showcase the company’s product offerings across multiple categories and to help customers, designers and consumers find the products they need faster. LSI Flooring worked in conjunction with Floor Force, a Broadlume-owned company, on its e-catalogs. “Floor Force was the key; we could not have taken on such a large undertaking without all the fantastic support of Floor Force,” Lane said.
The following are key highlights of what is new:
- You now select your location and the site automatically filters to only the mills LSI represents in your specific geography.
- You can now order no-cost sample swatches from all the mills LSI represents, 24/7.
- You can now access three e-catalogs (Broadloom, Area Rugs and Hard Surface) showing thousands of in-stock products.
- You can filter by brand, color tones, fiber content and application (residential, commercial or outdoor).
- You can now search among all the brands LSI represents in one search (i.e., search for all white, wool carpets and every white wool carpet will appear from all the mill brands LSI represents).
- Tabs for Outdoor, Eco Friendly, Carpet Tile and Area Rug and Runner Products have all been added.
- All LSI Padding products have been added to the site.
- A significant amount of technical information has been added on product constructions, carpet fibers, padding, cleaning and maintenance.
- “Dealer Services” now includes links to product specials, close outs, over-stocks, etc.
The company said its mission is to make doing business with LSI Flooring easy and efficient. “We always want to be our dealers and showrooms first and key go-to source for their flooring product needs,” said Mark Lane, executive vice president.