MAHWAH, N.J.—TD Retail Card Services has introduced the Renovate Credit Card program in the U.S. and Canada for independent retailers of flooring, furniture, lighting and other home furnishings and decor items.
Created specifically for the home furnishings sector, the Renovate Card is a revolving, private-label consumer credit card that can be used for purchases of products or services at any merchant participating in the program, noted Marc Sczesnak, TD’s president. Merchants opening the individual consumer’s account can have their store’s name embossed on the card.
“Through economies of scale, the Renovate Card delivers many of the important advantages of a private-label credit card to independent home furnishings retailers with single or multiple locations who may not generate the sales volume to justify a private-label program of their own,” Sczesnak said.
More specifically, the Renovate Card program provides independent retailers with the ability to:
- Increase sales and long-term loyalty by giving customers the purchasing power to buy now and in the future;
- Drive traffic year-round with a wide range of special promotional offers and flexible financing options;
- Offer instant credit with easy-to-complete in-store applications processed in minutes; Process transactions instantly using TD Retail Card Services’ secure online web services;
- Receive fast funding on completed transactions;
- Get quick assistance from TD representatives during standard retail operating hours, and
- Market to their best customers through statement stuffers or special direct mailings.
Retailers in the program will be able to offer their customers a variety of special financing options, including six no-interest programs, as well as low-APR programs. “Such options provide a distinct competitive advantage to merchants selling high-ticket items for the home,” Sczesnak said.
The program will be promoted to customers through in-store signage and collateral materials provided by TD. For more information, visit tdrcs.com/release.