NEW YORK—Amtico International relaunched its Amtico brand along with Spacia last month via a cross-country tour, starting here. New sizes and visuals account for 40 additions to the Spacia line and 30 to the Amtico brand.
“Amtico has harnessed the latest design trends in dramatic new looks for our products that can be used individually or in endless combinations to create, express and define the designer’s vision,” said Amanda Utz, marketing director. “Not many flooring companies boast a team of dedicated designers who travel the world to bring the latest trends to its customers. Our global design studio has created a range of products, formats and cutting options for our Amtico brand that allow designers to experiment in daring ways to communicate individuality, inspiration and creativity.”
The overhaul was the result of global design research by its R&D team, based in studios in the United Kingdom. The usual suspects in stone and wood looks are covered, with the addition of abstracts in fabrics and metallics. Both brands have new taglines, as well.
“I Amtico—I Create, I Design, I Express”
The company’s largest introduction in 20 years, new to the brand is:
- Alchemy, three metallic colorways on five tiles and eight planks
- Shibori, three updated wood looks on three tiles and ten planks
- Pine, two tones on two oversized plank formats
- Stria, seven stone variations in 13 sizes
- Marble, two variations on random width planks, standard planks and squares
- Vintage Chestnut, a barn wood visual on four planks
- Infinity, four abstract patterns in 12 sizes
- Aged Oak, reclaimed wood look on six planks.
Boasting customizable formats across the Signature, Choice and Bespoke collections, layouts can be created in any combination from herringbone to checker, basket weave to stitch.
“Product development can be very nitpicking: It has to fit,” said Emory Hill, product manager, Amtico/Stratica.
At the launch, the 40mil luxury vinyl products were shown in different layouts because, “not everyone has the ability to customize like this.”
“For Every Space, There’s Spacia”
Amtico’s 5-year-old, 20mil LVT has grown to total 73 products in metallic, pebble and textile looks. Similar to the Amtico brand’s aesthetics, it features eclectic lines that showcase global design trends, said Regina Hampton, Spacia product manager.
New looks include:
- Dry Cedar, a pale rustic grain in two plank sizes
- Linear Stone Peat in two tile sizes, which coordinates with Dry Cedar
- Fossil Stone, a unique stone look in three sizes
- Zebrano, pronounced wood graining on 4 x 36 plank
- Metallics, two colorways on 12 x 18 bevelled tile
- Engineered Bamboo, linear wood visuals in two sizes
- Spring Maple, a light wood on two bevelled planks
- Travertine, detailed stone in five colorways and three tile sizes
- Exotic Walnut, natural wood look on two planks.
For more information about Amtico, visit Amtico.com.