Arlington, Va.— Coverings, the premier international tile and stone exhibition and conference in North America, released the winners of the annual Rock Star Award in advance of Coverings 2022, which will take place April 5-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The Rock Stars program is a venerable tradition of recognizing emerging tile and stone industry trailblazers who consistently innovate as forerunners of achievement, according to show organizers. The winners represent the talented and resourceful young professionals in the industry who are setting new standards for excellence and performance, the show said.
“Now in its 7th year, the popular Coverings Rock Star program continues to reinforce Coverings’ mission to support the advancement and triumphs of the industry by distinguishing talented young leaders as well as fostering networking and educational opportunities,” said Jennifer Hoff, president of Taffy Event Strategies, the event management company for Coverings.
A committee of longstanding tile and stone industry leaders thoughtfully evaluated nominations to select this year’s 13 inductees for Coverings Rock Star status. The 2022 Rock Stars represent numerous industry segments and include the following winners:
- Rogue Bergerson, tile artisan, Bergerson Tile, Astoria, Ore.
- Ricardo Rosa, superintendent, David Allen Company, Warrenton, Va.
- Jaclyn Isaac, principal interior designer, Doni Douglas Designs, Shrewsbury, N.J.
- Chelston Ross, territory representative, D&B Tile Distributors, Sunrise, Fla.
- Jaime Karsky, owner/master artisan installer, Meadowlark Tile, Dickinson, N.D.
- Matt Welner, trainer, National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA), Jackson, Miss.
- Matteo Calisesi, technical business development, Florim, New York, N.Y.
- Natiely Canedo, Florida sales manager, StoneHardscapes, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Danielle Lancianese, director of tile & stone, Shaw Industries, Dalton
Other – Allied Materials
- Jordan Richards, executive director of marketing and design, ProKnee Corporation, Whitefield, Maine
Other – Restoration
- Alexander Zambrano, owner, Fabrizio & Sons Marble and Granite Restoration, New Port Richey, Fla.
- Sam Karns, owner/fabricator, Pioneer Surfaces, Gibsonia, Pa.
- Martha Salazar, director of marketing, TCNA – Mexico, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
The 2022 award recipients will be honored at Coverings 2022, April 5, 4-5:30 p.m. Coverings said its attendees are welcome to join the celebration at the awards ceremony and networking reception in the Coverings Lounge, Booth N2914, North Hall.
Recognition for the winners also includes Coverings press content, a year-long professional feature on the Coverings website, postings on Coverings’ social media channels and blog.
A special program geared toward young professionals, “Creating Content that Speaks to Your Audience: The Who, Why & How” will precede the awards ceremony and networking reception. The learning opportunity will cover ways in which emerging talent can develop strategic, creative content for their businesses and brands. It is scheduled for April 5, 3-3:45 p.m., also in the Coverings Lounge.