Shaw promotes Milan collection to Alliance dealers
At a time when carpet is occupying fewer rooms in the home, flooring retailers need to maximize the profitability of each square foot. That was the message from Ann McDermott, vice president of national accounts for Shaw Floors, as she promoted the Milan collection for Alliance Flooring.
McDermott made her presentation during Connect 2020, Alliance Flooring’s virtual buying and networking event. She walked retailers throw a bevy of new products under the Milan umbrella, many of which are made of Anso Nylon with R2X soil and stain protection and LifeGuard backing, which prevents water from seeping through the carpet.
The presentation also included special roll buys for dealers, as well as a discussion on where Shaw drew its design inspiration for 2020. The new styles are a result of the travels of Shaw’s designers across the globe to bring home trends from different cultures. Those trends include Nordic, Bohemian Chic, Mediterranean and Zen. With a focus on these four trends, Shaw’s designers created coordinating palettes of warm and cool neutrals along with accent rug colors.
Among the highlights:
- Glimmering Taylor, a level cut loop product with 15 colors;
- Elegant Audrey, a level cut loop in an organic tree bark pattern;
- Tailored Hepburn, a shiny matte loop with Nordic style softness;
- Kelly Prep, a two-color shiny + matte combination with an organic wave pattern inspired by Nordic wind + water;
- Sparking Rose, 18 colors, made with custom tailor tuft technology, in a modern block grid pattern;
- Deluxe Diane, 18 colors, in an updated lattice diamond pattern inspired by the tile rooftops scene in Nordic architecture;
McDermott called Bold Bardot “one of my favorites.” Offered in 19 colors, this custom tailor tuft technology product is showcased in a distressed diamond, geometric, textural pattern.
FCNews.net will be providing daily coverage of Connect 2020 through Aug. 7.