June 29; Volume 30/Number 1
By John Weller, vice president, FloorForce
In the last 24 months over 10 million consumers looking for flooring online were delivered to retailers with FloorForce websites. Monitoring online consumer behavior takes the guess work out of building better websites and increases consumer conversions from online searches to in-store purchases. FloorForce has gathered some key statistics regarding the behavior of flooring consumers from 2013 to 2015.
- 45.2% of all online searches for floor covering or related products/services
are now coming from a mobile device.
Ratings and reviews
- When making a purchase, 91% of consumers consider an online review
more important than input from a salesperson in a store
- 86% of consumers would pay more for a residential service provider with
higher ratings and reviews
- 94% of consumers report being influenced by online reviews
- 74% of consumers searching for residential services are now visiting sites
like Yelp, Google+ Local, Angie’s List & BBB for information
- 71% of all website traffic include visits to the product catalog of a flooring
- 78% of the phone calls made to a flooring retailer are made while the
consumer is on a catalog page
- The number of consumers making online appointments on retailer
websites using FloorForce has increased 139%
The consumer of today is a “digital ninja” and she is never without her phone. She does not trust most advertising, but listens intently to the opinions of other consumers online. She expects immediate satisfaction and is becoming quite comfortable with giving her opinion about products and services online.