By Reginald Tucker
New York—Kronospan USA held a press conference in Times Square on Nov. 10 to announce its plans to launch its new, comprehensive product line for the North American market at Surfaces 2017 in Las Vegas in January. At its exhibit space on the Surfaces show floor (booth #603), Kronospan USA will unveil its complete product line that encompasses 94 new laminate flooring products across five distinct, on-trend design collections.
“Kronospan’s appearance at the 2017 Surfaces trade show marks a significant step in the company’s growth,” said Michael Babula, chief marketing and sales officer, Kronospan USA. “It is our first opportunity to speak to Kronospan’s ‘Made in the USA’ story and our expanded American manufacturing capacity. It is also the first time everyone will get to see our complete product offering.”
The new Kronospan USA laminate flooring collection includes five design-inspired assortments:
- The Authentic Collection. A classic interpretation of natural All-American beauties. This embodies the classic approach to laminate flooring in colors that are designed to coordinate with all types of decors, from traditional to modern. It consists of North American oak, hickory, walnut and maple species.
- The Bohemian Collection. Designed for consumers who are very artistic and enjoy a casual lifestyle, this line offers an eclectic mix that showcases wood species such as hickory, oak and teak.
- The Downtown Collection. Contemporary looks in popular shades of grey, reflecting hot urban design and sophistication.
- The Pioneer Collection. Defined by simple, rustic charm, this collection includes hand scraped, distressed visuals featuring character and texture.
- The Voyager Collection. Showcases exotic wood species from around the world, including jatoba and koa.
According to Tricia Vandagriff, product stylist for Kronospan USA, the new collections reflect the popular trends in the North American market. “It’s a fresh take on laminate flooring offering,” she said. “We’re offering a little bit of everything to meet virtually all design requests. Within each of these style groups you’ll also see wide bevel planks, low gloss matte finishes, embossed in registration, textures and a huge range of colors.”
Beyond the on-trend styling and fresh designs, Kronospan USA partners also stand to benefit from consistent supply thanks to state-of-the-art production plants in Alabama and Pennsylvania. “We’ve got a lot of great designs that are not only new and on trend, but they are all coming from a domestic supply point,” said Jeffrey Juzaitis, vice president of sales and product development. “The commitment of the Kronospan team to invest in Clarion, Pa., and in the new facility in Alabama has given us the capacity to service the market. Coming to the market at this point in time is important, and we have retail partners that are ready to grab this brand and run forward with it.”