Las Vegas—TISE 2022 organizers have unveiled the upcoming educational opportunities that will be on tap at the show to be held here Jan. 31-Feb.3.
“The show’s reputation has been built not only on the quality of its exhibitors but the strength of its educational offerings,” said Paul Treanor, senior manager, content and community for TISE.
Treanor, along with input from the TISE advisory council, has carefully planned and curated the educational offerings for almost 20 years. “I am hands on and try to discern what the audience needs are,” he said. “I stay abreast on topics and participate in online communities. Employee retention, the installation crisis and trends in the business. These are the over-arching interests of our retailer and contractor attendees.”
What’s on tap for TISE 2022
Education and training will be provided via four distinct platforms: TISE Seminars, TISE Live Main Stage, TISE Live Demo Stage and TISE TV. In addition, associations and organizations will host their special training events. For example, Certified Flooring Installers (CFI) will conduct the finalist competition in the National Installer of the Year Competition.
Also new for next year will be the industry’s first Women’s Leadership Conference—by women and for women, exclusively at TISE. “We’ll cover issues important to professional and entrepreneurial women in the flooring industry,” said Lisbeth Calandrino, a speaker at TISE 2022. “I’ve always been impressed at how TISE is always open to new ideas. It keeps me coming back. They are always finding ways to engage with all of us and finding ways to make us better at what we do.”
These breakout seminars are the core of TISE Education, with 24 top professionals providing 34 up-close and engaging learning experiences for each of the TISE show brands: Surfaces, StonExpo/Marmomac and TileExpo. TISE Seminar curriculum covers a range of sought-after subjects. They are as varied as business basics, common SEO and social media mistakes, running an installation shop at peak performance, what’s a woman-owned business, defining your open retail positions and finding the suitable candidates, and even how to survive an OSHA inspection, to name a few.
TISE Seminars Quick Facts:
- All seminars are one hour in length
- Seminar sessions are scheduled for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Jan. 31–Feb. 2, 2022). Check the TISE 2022 website and app for updates
- Purchase of a Day Pass of $60 (for members) and $80 (for non-members) allows access to any seminars for that day. Advance pricing expires December 10
- Your show brand designation does not limit session access. For example, a Surfaces attendee may join a TileExpo session, etc. Pass freely between seminars
- All seminars will now be located together in the North Convention Center for the ease and convenience of attendees
- No recordings will be available of the sessions, and there will be no product demonstrations at the sessions
TISE Live Main Stage
TISE will set aside a spacious area on the show floor to provide free, high-level presentations concerning the big issues affecting the floor covering industry. Access to the show floor automatically includes free access to the Live Main Stage. Industry leaders from various fields will address a variety of major topics from a 30,000-foot view. In 30-minute insightful “fireside chats,” lively panel discussions or casual interview style with Q&A, topics will include the installation crisis, developing communities—both online and local, and retailers and installers working together.
TISE will also share the latest consumer and industry survey research from Mystery Shopper Services on the Live Main Stage—a must-see for flooring retailers.
TISE Live Main Stage Quick Facts:
- Expect 18-21 Live Main Stage events scheduled over the three days that the show floor is open, with a 15-minute intermission between each event
- Check the TISE 2022 website and app for scheduling updates
- Seating for 60 to 75, so plan accordingly
- TISE Live Main Stage presenters will pre-record their presentations to stream into the hybrid event, the TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition, sponsored by Mannington with Microban, for those unable to attend in-person.
TISE Live Demo Stage
How a product works or is installed is best demonstrated to be understood. That’s why the Live Demo Stage has become a very popular hands-on feature of the TISE show floor. Just as with the Main Stage, the Live Demo Stage is free and open to all. All flooring types, adhesives, grouts and coatings will be demonstrated.
TISE Live Demo Stage Quick Facts:
- There are plans for 12 product demonstrations for all three days
- Product demonstrations are 30 minutes in length
- Seating for 30 to 40
- Viewing will be assisted with live close-up camera work during the Live Demos
- Check the TISE 2022 website and app for scheduling updates
- TISE Live Demo Stage presenters will be recorded by TISE Tv and their presentations streamed into the hybrid event, the TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition, sponsored by Mannington with Microban, for those unable to attend in-person
TISE Tv Broadcasting Network
TISE TV is a world-class industry knowledge and training network that can be accessed on a computer, tablet or smartphone. TISE TV brings the information and skills to you at your convenience from a variety of leading flooring brands. Since its debut last year, the platform has quickly become a go-to education resource for the industry, on-demand. The TISE TV crew will be producing live podcasts and product episodes on the show floor, highlighting and producing all the content for the TISE hybrid event, the TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition, sponsored by Mannington with Microban.
TISE TV Broadcasting Network Quick Facts:
- TISE TV is on-demand and ready when you are
- The TISE TV crew will be covering the TISE 2022 show
- Product introduction highlights are 2 – 3 minutes in length
- TISE Tv episodes are up to 10-20 minutes in length
- Experience TISE Tv during the event in the TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition
- Watch TISE TV year-round through the TISE Facebook page and the episode archive on the TISE TV website at www.tisetv.com
TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition Quick Facts:
- Hybrid experience occurring Feb 1-3, sponsored by Mannington with Microban
- Experience the event virtually the same days the industry is in Las Vegas
- Private Facebook event connects the hybrid attendees to the Las Vegas event
- Live updates, product introductions and education directly from the show floor via the TISE Tv crew
- TISE Live Main Stage and Demo Stage sessions air in the hybrid event
- All in-person and virtual attendees have access to the TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition here.