Washington D.C.—The North American Laminate Flooring Association (NALFA) met in Asheville, N.C. for its annual fall meeting. Members gathered in-person to catch up with old and new friends and to promote NALFA.
NALFA elected its officers and committee chairs during the fall meeting and noted that NALFA is the first hard surfaces flooring association to elect a woman as its senior officer.
Below is NALFA’s full leadership team:
- President: Barbara Ellenberg June, Swiss Krono USA, Inc.
- Vice President and Treasurer: Tom Wright, Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Corporate Secretary: Dennis Bradway, Mannington Mills, Inc.
- Technical Chair: Karen Haynes, Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Technical Vice-Chair: Anthony Drevet, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Marketing Co-Chair: John Hammel, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Marketing Co-Chair: Barbara Ellenberg June, Swiss Krono USA, Inc.
- Underlayment Chair: Mickey Davis, Pak-Lite, Inc.
Representatives from regular manufacturing members at the meeting included: Classen, Kaindl Flooring GmbH, Kronospan, Swiss Krono USA, Mannington Mills Inc., Mohawk Industries, Shaw Industries Group Inc. and Torlys Inc. Also attending were representatives from DMX Plastics, MP Global Products, Pak-Lite, Inc. and Selit North America Inc., Foam Products Association, Arauco NA, Arclin USA Inc., Floor & Decor and NC State University.
Chris Tuff, author of the New York Times best-selling book “The Millennial Whisperer,” spoke to the members about communication styles and gave numerous tips on mentoring our next generation of leaders. Dr. Delton Alderman from the USDA gave an informative presentation on the state of the housing industry. According to NALFA, during breakout committee meetings the groups discussed a wide range of topics.