Las Vegas—Cali, the San Diego-based flooring supplier, will bring its highly curated indoor and outdoor surfaces portfolio to The International Surface Event (TISE) being held Feb. 1-3, 2022. The event marks the first Surfaces appearance in Cali history.
Founded by two surfer buddies in 2004, Cali broke ground as a manufacturer of high-performing building products made of bamboo—namely fencing, flooring, plywood and decking. Today, Cali offers a diverse range of hard surface designs including hardwood, luxury vinyl, eucalyptus, engineered, cork and, of course, bamboo.
Cali branded flooring displays and products are sold at independent specialty retail as well as big box stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot. Wherever Cali is sold, shoppers will find the same products, styles and quality. The company’s omni-channel approach allows the consumer to purchase wherever she’s most comfortable, while protecting the brand and retailer margins through controlled distribution. Doug Jackson, president, said avoiding the tendency practiced by other flooring companies to adopt private labeling is “a line in the sand for us.”
“If you can’t sell Cali under the Cali name, it doesn’t make any sense,” Jackson said. “They (dealers and consumers) love that California lifestyle. When a consumer goes into a flooring store without Cali, they often see a lot of sameness. We just do it a little differently, and we want to have fun.”
Jackson said fun is what you should expect when cruising by the Cali booth at TISE. That, and a whole host of home renovation collections:
- Longboards, the crowd favorite within the popular Cali vinyl line, offers longer, wider planks in styles that are easy to maintain and design with.
- Legends, the brand-new vinyl collection, features lightweight planks that are a full half-inch thick for a highly authentic wood imitation.
- Meritage delivers a premium engineered hardwood with extra-thick veneers of European white oak.
- Cali will also debut a new line of indoor and outdoor rugs to complement its flooring and composite decking collections.
With such a diverse selection showcased in unique, eye-catching dealer displays, Cali said it aims to create a destination lifestyle vibe that appeals to coast dwellers and snowbirds alike. Products are designed to be versatile enough to deliver easy home upgrades, regardless of where renovations fall on the map.
“It was just time, and it feels good,” Jackson said. “We’ll be on the floor, and we’re committed to being a part of this show, but we’re not looking for a lot of new customers; we’re looking for the right customers.”
Cali Quick Facts
- Cali has been a company on the move, setting the pace of innovation and growth while winning recognition as a business, employer and corporate citizen.
- Founded in 2004 by college friends, Jeff Goldberg and Tanner Haigwood.
- Launched with a single product: rolled bamboo fencing.
- Committed to eco-friendly business and manufacturing practices.
- 13 consecutive years on the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
- San Diego Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Company for 10 years.
- Union Tribune Best Places to Work five consecutive years.
- Acquired in 2020 by the publicly traded, global flooring company, Victoria PLC.
Cali will be at booth #3223 at Surfaces.