FCNews has announced the winners of its inaugural FCNnovation Awards, a new initiative designed to recognize and showcase some of the most innovative new products and technologies in the flooring industry today. These awards honor groundbreaking ideas and industry-changing concepts that have the potential to impact the way flooring is manufactured, promoted and sold.
The winners are as follows:
- Carpet—(Pet Perfect) Anderson Tuftex
- Ceramic—(Defend) Daltile
- Hardwood—(Woodura) Valinge Flooring
- Laminate—(Pergo Elements) Mohawk
- Rigid/WPC—(COREtec Advanced+) COREtec
- Installation-related—(HQ Living Cushion) HQ Living
- Technology/Software—(All-in-One Selling System) Broadlume
Flooring products were judged based on design and/or performance, while the software category recognizes new products that significantly contribute to improved efficiency, productivity and performance of a retail operation. A panel of independent industry experts from the retail community reviewed the nominations in each category based on the following criteria:
- Innovation distinctive from other products currently manufactured or processes currently in use
- Benefit to the specialty retailer or consumer
A requirement for inclusion/consideration is that all entries be introduced in calendar year 2021 and that they be currently available in the market.
“The floor covering industry is way above the curve when it comes to innovation, whether it be in technology, design or disrupting,” said Steven Feldman, FCNews publisher. “We launched the FCNnovation Awards as a way to recognize these manufacturers’ efforts, create visibility and showcase some of the most unique new products and technologies in the industry. And innovation is what drives sales at retail. After all, today’s innovation is tomorrow’s standard.”
For details on the winners, please see the Dec. 20/27 print edition of FCNews.