St. Louis, Mo.—The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) has announced the winners of its 2023 Wood Floor of the Year Awards. The awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 300 awards have been presented. Winning entries were chosen by a panel of judges selected for their industry and design knowledge.
As in previous years, NWFA members from across the globe voted online for their favorite floor to determine the association’s highest award—Members’ Choice. This process allowed NWFA members to evaluate the entries based on technical difficulty, quality of installation and overall appearance.
Recipients of the 2023 Wood Floor of the Year awards are as follows:
- Members’ Choice: Czar Floors | Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
- Best Circular/Curved: Ourada Designs | Nine Mile Falls, Wash.
- Best Color/Finish & Textured Wood: Floor Master Company | Crystal Lake, Ill.
- Best Parquetry: Custom Floors Unlimited | Houston, Texas
- Best Marquetry/Inlay: Floor Master Company | Crystal Lake, Ill.
- Best Historic Restoration: RippnFinish | Gladstone, Mo.
- Best Use of Technology: Czar Floors | Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
- Manufacturer Spotlight: Peachey Hardwood Flooring | Reedsville, Pa.
- Best Staircase: Walk On Wood Inc. | Winter Park, Fla.
The 2023 Wood Floor of the Year Awards were presented during the NWFA’s 2023 Wood Flooring Expo, held May 2-4 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
A video highlighting this year’s award winners can be viewed here.